Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Keep It Rollin

I will not lie. I did not work out yesterday. Here is the bottom line: it just didn't happen.

Of course it is my fault, but I blame it on the fact that I did not make a specific goal for that day. On Sunday I thought, "I'll work out tomorrow." And that is as far as my preparation went. I did not say to myself what kind of work out, how long, when, and where. It was open and vague. And like other disciplines in my life, if I am not specific, it does not happen.

I had not mentally prepared.

Today was totally different. I was completely mentally prepared for my "Pure Cardio" work out that I did this evening. IT WAS AWESOME! It was extremely painful and difficult, but it also went by so fast! During my day I was thinking about working out. I avoided the dreaded Reeses desk multiple times because I was thinking about working out and I did not want to do anything to screw that up.

I cannot emphasize enough the importance of mental preparation. To be successful in any work out journey, you must first conquer the mind.

But because I did so well with this today, I can sense and FEEL it carrying on through tomorrow, as well. I am really pumped up about working out tomorrow. I am going to do the Insanity DVD that I missed yesterday tomorrow morning and then do tomorrow's DVD in the evening.

Christmas is just a few days away and this creates more reason to stay excited and engaged in the work out process. I cannot let my mind get soft and eat poorly and neglect my work out just because it is "that time of the year."

I must continue to push. And push really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment