Monday, December 14, 2009

Recap of the day

Today was a really strong day. I woke up and went to the gym this morning for a quick but strong work out. It felt good.

I told you this morning I made a few realizations as I was walking up to the weight room. What dawned on me as I approached my work out, is that I cannot simply pick up where I left off from my last successful work out journey. Instead, I must accurately judge my current status, and make adjustments from my previous progress.

I cannot lie to myself. My strength and stamina has decreased.

Now, what that does NOT mean is that I am any less intense. I cannot approach my work out that way. I work as hard as I can and put 110% every exercise. I will be forced to use less weight in order to keep correct form. But I work really hard.

That was the first thing I realized: I have simply digressed. It is sort of depressing.

On the flip side, however, is my second realization: Because of my successful work out journey, I am well aware of what I CAN accomplish. This is a positive way of looking at the first realization. No, I cannot put up as much weight as I did before - but because I HAVE done it before, I KNOW my full potential.

The key to a successful work out journey is SEEING your full potential unlocked inside you.

I used the knowledge and experience I gained to plan and prepare for my morning exercise, and I used the image of my greatest physical success as motivation to propel myself through my workout.

I used my past successes as motivation for today.

Like I said I would, I worked out again tonight. My wife and I did the "Plyometric Cardio Circuit" from the Insanity DVD set. It was and intense 40 minute cardio session. This was a great way to cap off the day. I had a good sweat and had my heart rate up the entire time. Push, push, push, and then rest.

Here is what I ate today:
protein shake
3 eggs, 2 slices of toast (breakfast)
low fat string cheese (snack)
turkey sandwich and yogurt (lunch)
fiber one granola bar (snack)
chicken with green olives, rice, peas, and home made foccacia (dinner)
67 ounces of H2O

This was a healthy day. Good choices and plenty of food.

Tomorrow I am going to try and execute the same plan that I had today. I will set my alarm earlier than normal so I can have time to make it to the Y and get a good 45 minutes to an hour work out. I will just bring clothes to the Y so I can shower and get cleaned up there before my 9 am meeting. I will lift biceps and triceps (always fun!) tomorrow morning.

At night I'll do an Insanity DVD with my wife again. We will probably do "Cardio Power and Resistance."

Will report tomorrow with progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment