Monday, December 14, 2009

This Morning

My alarm went off this morning at 6:30. I wasn't ready to get up yet so I decided I would hit snooze one time and then I would get ready for the gym. I did just that.

I arrived at the Y at 7:00am. I had an efficient workout - I lifted shoulders and did abs. It took me about 45 minutes. I only worked out this long because I know we are doing cardio tonight. I used to do cardio and then immediately do lifting, which is why my workouts took 2 hrs.

But this morning was good. As I was driving to the gym I made a thorough plan of what I would do when I arrived. I decided I would do shoulders and then abs and I began preparing for my set mentally. And I also planned what exercises I would do for that body part.

I was not aimless.

I came home and drank a protein shake (which is normally the highlight of the workout, except I didn't have any milk so I had to mix h20 with dry milk to make milk - it was miserable). And for breakfast I had two eggs (sunny side up) and two slices of toast.

I made one really important realization this morning about returning to a hardcore work out routine. I will share those thoughts and progress on the rest of my day tonight before I go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment