Wednesday, January 6, 2010

In The Groove

I am back in the groove.

Honestly, it has been an extremely busy past few weeks. Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, and regular weekend services kept my schedule full. I wasn't able to work out to the same frequency as I had been, but I was able to get in a handful of intense work outs in.

Yesterday I went to the Y and hit up the treadmill. It was hardcore. I ran for 20 minutes, increasing the intensity every 2 minutes - upping the incline, then speed, then incline, then speed, etc... It was really tough. I also got in an awesome core work out as well.

Tonight my wife and I did the, "Max Interval Plyo" work out from Insanity. Wow. 55 minutes long. Talk about hardcore. It was seriously intense. I must have burned 1000 calories - no joke. It really was difficult. In fact, my heart is still pounding from it.

I was not excited about working out less the past few weeks. But it is what it is. The important thing is that I did not neglect health or exercise altogether. I was able to continue with the momentum that I hard already begun to build.

It is extremely important to be sure you at least prioritize health enough, that you do SOMETHING during a busy stretch of life.

Never give up.

I learned a really sweet exercise tonight. Its called "side push ups." Get into a side plank position. So outside part of right foot is on the ground, left foot and left leg are together with the right, and your right hand is against the ground with your left arm straight. Just right hand and right foot are touching the ground. It is important to keep your body straight. Then, put both hands on the ground as if you were doing push ups. Do the same on the left side.

These will really build muscle.

Extremely healthy day for me. Here is what I ate:

Cereal
Fiber one granola bar
String cheese (x2)
Sandwich with roast beef
Strawberry yogurt
chicken, broccoli, and mashed potatoes
64 oz of water


No comments:

Post a Comment